banner
Putin, Maduro and some secrets about Petro
Putin, Maduro and some secrets about Petro
Crypto

Putin, Maduro and some secrets about Petro

By Simona Naldi - 16 May 2018

Chevron down

Putin, Maduro and some secrets about Petro: Leggi qui l’articolo in Italiano

Weaken the supremacy of the dollar over the black gold.

One of the big monetary mysteries of the moment is the State’s cryptocurrency.

A crypto that, with the partial backing of the Venezuelan oil, should save the economy of Caracas or, at least, help it dealing with hyperinflation and lack of reserve currency.

Let’s assume you want to invest in Petro.

The first step is to download the wallet and sign up in order to obtain the cryptocurrency.

Where do you have to send the money?

Well, the answer is Russia.

In fact, according to Associated Press, the Russian bank Evrofinance Mosnarbank was the first one to accept payments for the purchase of the Petro.

The minimum purchase price is set at 1000 euros, pretty high considering the value of virtual currencies.

The purchase needs to be done using a “strong currency”, despite the outlawing of investments from the USA.

Evrofinance Mosnarbank isn’t just any bank. Since 2011, the 49% is owned by the Venezuelan State, while the remaining 51% is divided between the State-owned VTB and Gazprombank, the great enactment institute of the State-owned Gazprom.

In short, the operation would never have been conducted without a strong deal between Venezuela and Russia, or, let us say, between Maduro and Putin.

Moreover, the Petro project, a month ago, received in Russia the Satoshi Prize, from the RACIB; the Russian association for the distribution of the blockchain.

All of this is in line with the Russian’s will to weaken the power of the dollar in the oil field, an action that will sum up with the support of the Chinese Yuan and with the support of the Petro or, more in general, of the Venezuelan black gold.

If the first operation took place a few weeks ago, the second one is now uncertain.

The project began in 2014, after the various revolutions in Ukraine and Russian-influenced countries.

Two movements that convinced Putin of the impossibility of an equal partnership with the West and that pushed him to find a way to tear down the supremacy of the petrodollar, begun in 1974.

A monetary revolution that’s not easy, and that now, maybe, is taking its first steps.

We use cookies to make sure you can have the best experience on our site. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it.