The gambling dApps are numerous and are constantly popping up, especially on Justin Sun’s blockchain. Mainly because, thanks to the speed of the Tron platform which allows an almost instantaneous transaction speed, it is possible to bet and win in real time without having to wait for the bet and its result, thus receiving an immediate payout.
The post clarifies some points related to this type of dApp and Japanese legislation: in the country, the law prohibits (Criminal Code chapter 23) betting and gambling, but with some exceptions such as horse racing and motorsports.
As a result, Tron tried to play ahead and the post states that the Foundation will follow the law in force, advising developers to introduce an IP filter for users in that country.
- Tron strictly conforms with relevant laws and regulations in Japan;
- Tron does not encourage or recommend any gambling dApps regarding the Japanese market;
- Tron suggests Japanese dApp developers not develop any gambling dApps on Tron’s platform;
- Tron suggests developers who are working on gambling apps block users with Japanese IP addresses. Please do not facilitate the use of gambling apps among Japanese users;
- Tron will collaborate with Japanese government and provide necessary support if any Tron dApps violate Japanese laws and regulations.
Therefore, in the event that any dApp breaches the Japanese ban, the Tron foundation will give its support to the government, protecting the collective welfare rather than the individual interests of the dApp in question.
Certainly a big obstacle for most of the DApps in circulation, but it will still be a filter to pass only those applications that can actually be useful in other respects, leaving aside both the risk of saturating the system with unnecessary dApps and the risks of addiction that these dApps can create in more vulnerable subjects.