In a press release today, Zilliqa announced that it has selected the companies that will join the 6-month ZILHive acceleration programme to speed up processes and encourage the development of products using the Zilliqa blockchain (ZIL).
8 are the companies that will develop Open Finance (OpFi) products.
The ZILHive programme has been developed to increase the innovation and integration of this blockchain in different sectors. With its help, companies can leverage the expertise of the team and also get advice for possible business models to be implemented in their projects.
This concept was also reiterated by Zilliqa’s Senior Vice President of Ecosystem Development, Han WEn Chua:
“The need for digital finance has accelerated with the ongoing pandemic, coupled with ASEAN’s large underbanked population, the time is now for FinTech to take on a greater role in adopting a more open financial ecosystem. With the success of our first cohort of ZILHive startups, we are pleased to announce our next batch of promising projects as we propel the use of blockchain in OpFi”.
The programme was launched at the end of August and will end in February next year.
As mentioned, 8 different blockchain companies will participate:
- Propine, a Singapore-based company providing end-to-end tokenization compliant solutions and a custody solution;
- Notabene, a company that ensures that all companies are compliant with the Travel Rule for each crypto transaction;
- Rupiah Token, the most widely used stablecoin in Indonesia, and will seek to make it more inclusive in other projects;
- MugglePay, a Chinese startup that has the task of levelling the cost of fees for cross-chain transactions with their own SDK;
- Moonlight, an American company dedicated to finding a solution for digital identity;
- CommX, which focuses on tokenizing art into exchangeable digital assets;
- Moonlet, a Romanian asset management company with a dedicated wallet that also allows staking;
- Lumiere, a platform for the tokenization of film investment.
All of these are interesting blockchain projects that will be developed thanks to this accelerator and this will translate into a revolution for the Zilliqa blockchain next year, which will become increasingly valuable.