HomeCryptoBitcoinPaul Tudor Jones wants to increase his investment in bitcoin

Paul Tudor Jones wants to increase his investment in bitcoin

Paul Tudor Jones II is a well-known billionaire hedge fund manager who revealed some time ago that he had invested in bitcoin. 

Until a few days ago, it was estimated that his total investment in BTC was around 1%, or at most 2%, of his assets. 

Yesterday, he revealed that he wants to increase this percentage to 5%, which is practically a fivefold increase in his investment in bitcoin. 

It is worth noting that when he first stated that he had invested in BTC, in May last year, the price of bitcoin was around $9,000, while today it is at around $40,000. 

Yesterday, Paul Tudor Jones spoke during CNBC’s Squawk Box programme, interviewed by Joe Kernen, and stated that he wants to bring his investments in gold, bitcoin, cash and commodities to 5% each. 

Paul Tudor Jones: I like Bitcoin

Furthermore, Paul explicitly said “I like Bitcoin”, highlighting the fact that at the heart of Bitcoin is mathematics. 

“Bitcoin is math and math has been around for thousands of years. 2+2 is going to equal 4 and it will for the next 2,000 years. So, I like the idea of investing in something that’s reliable, consistent, honest, and 100% certain. So, bitcoin has appealed to me because it’s a way for me to invest in certainty”.

He went on to compare the certainty of the mathematics behind bitcoin with the uncertainty of the Fed’s monetary policies, wondering whether it makes sense to rely on such uncertain dynamics. 

Tudor Jones sees bitcoin as a portfolio diversifier, and says that having invested a total of 20% of his assets in equal parts in gold, bitcoin, cash and commodities, he still doesn’t know how he wants to invest the remaining 80%, preferring to wait and see what the Fed does, because its decisions will have a big impact on financial markets.

With regard to bitcoin, he says he has a defensive position to protect his and his family’s wealth over time, stressing that he is not particularly interested in the price of BTC. 

Finally, he reiterated that he considers the risks of inflation in the US in the coming years to be very real. 

Marco Cavicchioli
Marco Cavicchioli
Born in 1975, Marco has been the first to talk about Bitcoin on YouTube in Italy. He founded ilBitcoin.news and the Facebook group" Bitcoin Italia (open and without scam) ".