The MetaFrames company, owner of a platform to sell and buy NFTs and digital art, has announced the launch of a collection of Non-Fungible Tokens dedicated to famous soccer player Diego Armando Maradona.
The minting will open tomorrow, 22 September, and will last until 30 October because there will be three stages for the drop. More specifically, it will work like this::
- Phase 1 of ‘Warm Up’: auction to win a rare collectible with artwork by legendary sports artist Paul Trevillion to introduce the Diego Maradona Access Pass.
- Phase 2 of ‘Kickoff’: this phase will target the top 10% of Access Pass holders taken in phase 1 to ensure participation in a sweepstakes drawing. The draw will award one of two trips to the Qatar World Cup finals, with tickets, hotels and flights paid for. The drawing will take place on 30 October, Maradona’s birthday.
- Phase 3 of ‘Extra Time’ in which the winners of the prize draw will be announced.
Individual NFTs from the first phase will give access to the Diego Maradona Access Pass that provides:
- Early access to the airdrop
- Early access to the Goal Rev game
- Discounts on Goal Rev game items and merchandise dedicated to Maradona
- Exclusive seats for future projects
Sanjay Wadhwani, CEO of Maradona Global and administrator of the Maradona Foundation, said:
“Maradona is undoubtedly one of the greatest soccer players of all time and it is a real honor to announce the details of the collaboration with MetaFrames and this special launch collection.”
Metaframes is an NFT platform and digital art studio, and has therefore dedicated itself with this drop to ‘preserving Maradona’s legacy,’ the press release explains.
Other NFTs dedicated to Maradona
This one by Metaframes is not the only NFT project dedicated to Maradona. As a matter of fact, Sorare, the famous blockchain-based fantasy soccer company, had previously put up for sale Non-Fungible Tokens dedicated to the soccer player.
Specifically, 111 will be the digital collectibles of Diego Maradona issued by Sorare on Ethereum: 1 unique, 10 super rare and 100 coach cards.
In addition, the company Fanz.com had also succeeded in early 2022 in obtaining consent to be able to launch an entire collection of non-fungible tokens on Diego Armando Maradona.