SEBA Crypto AG has announced its new Board of Directors, with the aim of becoming one of the first crypto banks in the world with a regular FINMA license.
The new Board of Directors is made up of:
- Andreas Amschwand, President, a banker who has played a key role in the transformation of the global FX market and was recently a member of the board of Julius Bär Group;
- Reto Kunz, an experienced banker specializing in risk control;
- Sébastien Mérillat, co-founder of SEBA Crypto AG, a long-standing entrepreneur and investor;
- Guy Schwarzenbach, a global investor with expertise in cryptography and strategic business models;
- Urs Zulauf, a regulatory specialist with a career at FINMA and the Universities of Cornell and Geneva.
SEBA has already privately raised 100 million francs to launch its ambitious project that will redefine the finance of the new economy by creating a gateway that will facilitate the regulated and controlled movement of resources between traditional and cryptocurrency markets.
The company is in contact with the FINMA to obtain a banking and securities license in Switzerland which, if granted, would allow SEBA to offer a full range of banking services to institutional, corporate and individual customers.
In addition, it recently announced a partnership with Loomis to build the world’s most secure cold storage for digital assets and is working with smartTrade Technologies on a platform for exchanging traditional and crypto assets.
President Andreas Amschwand commented:
“SEBA is committed to the development of the sustainable, stable and regulated growth of crypto as an asset class. My fellow Board Directors and I are very excited to be working with Guido Bühler and the powerful SEBA executive team which is an amalgam of banking, security, regulatory, risk and technology specialists. Together we intend to build the bridge between the traditional financial markets and the new digital economy“.