On Monday, January 21st, the first meeting of the 30 Italian blockchain experts selected by MiSE, the Italian Ministry for Economic Development, will take place.
The holder of the meeting is currently the congressman Luigi Di Maio.
This first meeting of the groups will take place at the prestigious Sala degli Arazzi of the Ministry.
The tasks of the two groups, the one dedicated to blockchain technology and the one to Artificial Intelligence (AI) will be to advise and guide the Ministry in strategic technological decisions and in defining the guidelines for national strategic initiatives in the sector that should be sent to the European Commission in the coming months.
The call was launched last September 28th by the same ministry and the deadline for applications for the AI group was set at October 15th, while for the DLT one at the 28th of the same month.
The objectives set for the group are:
- The identification of existing private initiatives and their monitoring;
- The identification of blockchain use cases in the public sector;
- The definition of good use practices developed in the sector;
- Deepening of the environmental conditions necessary for the development of research in the sector and for the acceleration of adoption;
- The definition of the tools needed to make these tools understandable and adopted by start-ups and the real economy;
- The definition of regulatory tools suitable for the implementation of smart contracts.
With the first meeting of the groups, therefore, we move from a general and organisational phase to an educational and implementation phase, giving these two committees an objective function.
The meeting for the AI group will be held at 11.00 am, while the meeting for the DLT group will be held at 3.00 pm.