Today, November 5th, marks the birthday of one of the minds behind several blockchain projects, namely Charles Hoskinson, probably best known for Cardano.
Currently, the former co-founder of Ethereum, and founder of the Cardano (ADA) project, is also CEO of IOHK (Input Output Hong Kong) and, thanks to his projects, his net worth can be estimated at about $500 million.
He has achieved important goals and progress in a short time:
- In 2013, he helped Daniel Larimer and co-founded Invictus Innovations;
- In the same year, he established the Cryptocurrency Research Group and also became Director of the Bitcoin Education Project;
- Between the end of 2013 and until May 2014 he became CEO of Ethereum and co-founded the project with Vitalik Buterin and 6 other people;
- The following year, in March 2015, together with Jeremy Wood he founded IOHK, a company which provides financial services to people through peer-to-peer tools;
- In autumn 2017 he launched Cardano, considered a third-generation blockchain.
The community behind Cardano (ADA) did not let the event go unnoticed and many wish their leader a happy birthday, with some fun proposals to celebrate the event, such as a possible gift of 2 giraffes.
The next step for the Cardano (ADA) blockchain is the Shelley update aimed at fully introducing the PoS (Proof of Stake), already being tested at this time. This is an important milestone for Hoskinson himself, who has promised that if the Shelley upgrade does not take place by the end of 2019, he will eat his shoe. Perhaps not everyone knows that he loves westerns and is an avid fan of cowboy boots.
During its ICO (Initial Coin Offering) phase, the Cardano project collected over 100,000 bitcoins (BTC).