EDCON (Community Ethereum Development Conference) is a non-profit global Ethereum conference that happens once a year in different countries, and it is mainly committed to serving the Ethereum ecosystem, boosting the communication and interaction of Ethereum communities worldwide.
EDCON is a community-supported event initiated by LinkTime and with the spirit of sharing and mutual growth, it received strong support from Ethereum Foundation, various communities, and many other contributors in this space, as is manifest in EDCON 2017 in Paris, EDCON 2018 IN Toronto and EDCON Sidney in 2019.
Realizing that there is an increasing number of people beginning to study and research crypto economics deeper than ever before, we can see the significance and necessity of crypto economics to the blockchain space.
Thus this time, apart from the topics of Ethereum technology updates, business use case, investment, governance, community building, etc., the “Renaissance of Crypto-economics” will be included as an important slogan.
EDCON Week Confirmed Sub-conference Brief:
Regarding sub-conference of EDCON2020, so far we updated 15 topics:
- Superdemo-Dapp Competition,register here.
- Data Driven Cryptoeconomics
- IoT & Blockchain & Tokens & UX & Economy!
- Staking Symposium
- DAOs and Decentralized Governance
- 0 Client Development
- How to Write Ethereum Smart Contracts
- Presentation and Discussion of Radical Markets
- New Development in DeFi
- Cryptocurrency Adaptation in Developing Countries
- io / DAOfest
- Getting hands dirty with Libp2p!
- Synthetic Tokens and the Future of Defi
- ETH2 CLIENT SUBCON
- Cross-blockchain and Ethereum
Main conference speakers and agenda updates:
So far we have confirmed 62 speakers, including Vitalik Buterin, Ethereum Founder; Karl Floersch, Hsiao-Wei Wang, Albert Ni, Alex Beregszaszi, Aditya Asgaonkar, Christian Reitwiessner, Alex Van de Sande, Danny Ryan, Leonardo Alt researchers from Ethereum Foundation, Vlad Zamfir the CBC casper core researcher. And Arthur Gervais, from Liquidity.Network, Deniz Omer from KyberNetwork, Griff Green from Commons Stack & Giveth; Emin Gün Sirer from AVA Labs; Weiwu Zhang, CTO of AlphaWallet; Shawn Douglass, CEO of Amberdata; Dominik Harz, developer from Imperial College London; Jae-Yun Kim from Seoul National University, and many others, more main conference agenda already conformed and updated to the website.
The speaker registration channel is closed now (there are more than 200 main conference speaker application submissions already), while the sponsor, media supporter, community supporters are still open to apply! Anyone who have interests in sponsoring, now it’s time to contact, the sponsor spots are limited avalibility!
Highlights of EDCON2020:
- Theme of “Renaissance of Crypto-economics”, more voices about cryptoeconomics will be included.
- Topics of ETH2.0 Cryptoeconomics, DeFi, DAO, DApp Investment, Governance Community building, etc.
- Keynotes from Ethereum founder Vitalik Buterin and many other core developers/researchers.
- Panels, Debates, Demos, Workshops, Side events, etc. will happen simultaneously with a total expecting attendees of 20k+.
- Three tracks Superdemo competitions (Business Idea, Prototype, and Working Product.)
- Themed Sub-conferences including Data&Investment, IOT&Ethereum, Staking&Mining, DAOs&Decentralized governance, ETH2.0 Client development, Ethereum Smart Contract training, DeFi new development, etc.
- Artistic Free Crypto Market where you can exchange artworks with cryptocurrencies
- VIP dinner party
- And more
Are you eligible for a cheaper ticket?
The early bird ticket was sold out at 12th Feb, currently standard ticket, developer ticket and student ticket are available. To encourage more students join in the tech event, there is a student (budget) ticket open with the price of 10 euros, check to see if you are eligible for cheaper ticket: https://edcon.io/registration?pay=1