In India cryptos are bought by women
Crypto

In India cryptos are bought by women

By Marco Cavicchioli - 30 Jun 2018

Chevron down

In India cryptos are bought by women: Leggi l’articolo in Italiano

India is a country where many things work differently. For example, as far as cryptocurrency is concerned, the situation is decidedly reversed compared to that of other large countries in the world.

A unique feature is the proportion of women’s investment in cryptocurrencies to that of men.

In fact, according to a survey conducted by the Indian exchange BuyUcoin, in India on average women invest twice as much in cryptocurrency than men.

According to the results of this survey, Indian women invest on average more than 140,000 rupees per person (about 2,000 dollars), while men stop at 70,000.

The survey was conducted on a sample of approximately 60,000 cryptocurrency investors across the country.

However, the number of investors remains strongly unbalanced in the opposite direction: in New Delhi alone, the capital of India, as well as the city in which more is invested in cryptocurrencies, 91.2% of investors are male while only 8.8% are women.

Even in Mumbai, the second largest city in terms of the number of investors, 93.4% are male while only 6.6% are female.

In total, 93.28% of investors in the country are men who, however, invest about half of the remaining 6.72% of women.

In addition, the survey also revealed that the age at which people start venturing into this sector in India is 30 years for men, while for women it is 40 years.

This could help explain the important difference in average investment.

BuyUcoin CEO and Co-founder Shivam Thakral said:

We wanted to conduct a detailed study to ascertain new policies and strategies that will drive this industry ahead. While conducting this study we acquired some interesting facts such as the service sector is taking exceptional interest in trading of cryptocurrency and females, in particular, showed great potential in leading this industry forward.

Marco Cavicchioli
Marco Cavicchioli

Class 1975, Marco teaches web-technologies and is an online writer specializing in cryptocurrencies. He founded ilBitcoin.news, and his YouTube channel has more than 11 thousand subscribers.

We use cookies to make sure you can have the best experience on our site. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it.