The dapp browser and wallet for the Ethereum network, Toshi, becomes Coinbase Wallet.
Developed by the same team, Toshi is a special application born about a year ago.
It was created for the Ethereum environment as well as a digital wallet for ERC20 tokens and collectables such as Cryptokitties.
A decentralized web 3.0 access port built on Vitalik Buterin’s platform.
Toshi wallet owners received a personalised message from the team on the 15th of August, alerting them about the imminent transition from Toshi to Coinbase Wallet.
Funds are safe, no need to worry. The application will be updated automatically without the risk of losing cryptocurrencies.
It is recommended, if you have not already done so, to safely store your passphrase even if you Toshi can already be accessed with your fingerprint.
Features of Coinbase Wallet
Those who already use Toshi will recognize in Coinbase wallet all the previous features, only the graphic appearance will change. For new users, these are the characteristics of the digital wallet. You will be able to:
- Manage ETH and all ERC-20 tokens.
- Receive airdrops and ICO tokens.
- Purchase and store collectable tokens (Etherbots, Etheremon) and use them in games, as well as resell them in dedicated marketplaces such as Atomic Bazaar.
- Send payments without geographical limits or additional fees.
- Access Ethereum’s decentralised exchanges (DEX) to buy and sell tokens: e.g. Paradex.
- Use a browser to explore and use third-party (decentralized) applications everywhere: Ethlance, Bancor, Decentraland and more.
Among other things, support for cryptocurrencies bitcoin, bitcoin cash and litecoin will soon be added to Coinbase Wallet.
Coinbase app and Coinbase Wallet are not the same
With Toshi’s rebranding, current Coinbase app users may be a bit confused by the news. Just know that the two applications are not the same thing.
Coinbase app, known as Bitcoin Wallet Coinbase, is the centralized application for the company’s customers. It contains crypto assets BTC, BCH, LTC, ETH, ETC and is also used to access the instant exchange service of digital assets with fiat currencies.
The Coinbase Wallet is a decentralized application that acts as an “access portal” to the new world of decentralized applications based on Ethereum’s blockchain.