Satoshi Labs, the creator of Trezor, has announced that the hardware wallet now also supports XRP.
Two new firmware versions for Trezor Model T and Trezor One have also been announced.
For the One model, the new firmware 1.8.0 introduces the following new features:
- Security update with the integration of advanced features of the T model;
- Support for new ERC20s including Komodo, PIVX, NIX and many more.
For the T model, the new firmware 2.1.0 contains the following new features:
- Support for XRP, allowing to store, send and receive Ripple tokens directly from the hardware wallet (this feature is currently only available in the beta version);
- New tabs introduced by the beta function, such as the ability to buy crypto using credit or debit cards, or SEPA transfers for European users, with over 10 exchanges supported:
- New security improvements to provide greater protection for the end user.
The new firmware will be visible on the display and from there it will be enough to follow the wizard on the device to update the Trezor hardware wallet.