banner
Ghost: John McAfee’s privacy coin
Ghost: John McAfee’s privacy coin
Altcoin

Ghost: John McAfee’s privacy coin

By Alfredo de Candia - 14 Apr 2020

Chevron down

The influencer John McAfee has published a new tweet about a new project of his, a privacy coin called Ghost.

The message is eloquent and illustrates a crypto that protects anonymity using a PoS (Proof of Stake) model, which is in contrast to Monero’s PoW.

The coin is available on his decentralized exchange (DEX) launched in October 2019.

Thanks to this platform, Ghost will be able to trade with the main cryptocurrencies by combining decentralization and anonymity thanks to this new implementation with a strong pro-privacy model.

The website explains the key concepts of PoS, such as decentralization, the possibility to have fast transactions (to be executed in less than 60 seconds) and the presence of validators called masternodes.

The whitepaper will be published next May 15th, so in a month, while Ghost tokens can be requested by whoever is already in possession of the crypto Switch (ESH). On May 25th it will be possible to start the claim phase, which will represent 25% of the total supply, while the remaining 75% will be used as rewards for the Proof of Stake.

This tweet shows how the privacy theme and the PoS (Proof of Stake) protocol are the central elements that each blockchain is trying to implement: for instance also Cardano (ADA) or Zilliqa (ZIL) and of course also Ethereum (ETH), showing how the anonymity of transactions seems a winning model, as demonstrated by the data and records marked by the EOS blockchain.

Alfredo de Candia
Alfredo de Candia

Android developer for over 8 years with a dozen of developed apps, Alfredo at age 21 has climbed Mount Fuji following the saying: "He who climbs Mount Fuji once in his life is a wise man, who climbs him twice is a Crazy". Among his app we find a Japanese database, a spam and virus database, the most complete database on Anime and Manga series birthdays and a shitcoin database. Sunday Miner, Alfredo has a passion for crypto and is a fan of EOS.

We use cookies to make sure you can have the best experience on our site. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it.