IBNO (Italian Blockchain National Observatory) has been launched, an observatory dedicated to the distributed ledger technology in Italy.
The project will be officially presented on November 10th, 2020 during the Blockchain Forum, and is the fruit of collaboration between the University of Naples Federico II, the trade association Italia4Blockchain and Cryptodiamond Srl, with the aim of studying the blockchain phenomenon, mapping out the Italian ecosystem in particular, tracking its development and proposing strategic guidelines for companies.
Blockchain technology is identified as a technological solution to propose “an innovative way of interpreting the theme of the Internet of transactions, of sharing and of value”, able to play a fundamental role in the ongoing process of digital transformation and metamorphosis of the economy, management and research.
In this framework, the IBNO’s interest is particularly focused on defining what real impacts this innovation can produce on society and institutions, as well as intercepting the challenges that companies and other actors have to face in this market.
The Observatory has carried out a field analysis of Italian companies, thanks to which it has been possible to draw up a first report outlining the level of blockchain research on the Italian territory, and possible future scenarios.
The objectives of the Italian Blockchain National Observatory
IBNO’s objective is to promote the transfer of knowledge in the managerial and entrepreneurial field, with reports, scientific articles and courses, through a shared platform able to combine knowledge and experience.
Particular attention will be paid to the identification of best practices and innovative business models, as well as the dialogue between the university system and the business world.
The Observatory is designed to be open and collaborative, including the involvement of other universities or consolidated realities of the national and international territory. Moreover, thanks to collaborations with the Swiss Blockchain Consortium and the University of Cambridge, the Observatory aims to offer constantly updated knowledge support.
The working group is currently composed of:
- Professor Cristina Mele, Full Professor of Economics and Business Management and Coordinator of the Italian Blockchain Ecosystem for the PhD in Management,
- Professor Tiziana Russo Spena, Associate Professor of Economics and Business Management and member of the Board of Directors of the University Centre for Innovation and Development of the Agrifood Industry at the University of Naples Federico II,
- Pietro Azzara, President of the trade association Italia4Blockchain,
- Michele Ficara Manganelli, Founder and Director of the Swiss Blockchain Consortium and Director of Assodigitale,
- Luigi Di Benedetto, Director of Cryptodiamond S. r.l and member of the national and regional council of Italia4Blockchain,
- Adriana Carotenuto, PhD candidate in Management and researcher in collaboration with the University of Cambridge,
- Erica Del Vacchio, PhD candidate in Management and researcher in collaboration with the Norwegian School of Economics University.